Saturday 1 August 2009

WHAT I'M GOING TO DO TODAY

Probably not a lot as, so far, there's nothing on the horizon. Mind you, it's only 8.04am as I'm typing this. But there's no real shopping to do. Nothing scheduled for animals apart from several visits to Grace, the whole way to the garage. Susan, no doubt, will have some job for me though.

It's also my 61st birthday and the first anniversary of my retirement from Sunderland library services. So, a brief reflection on the past year.

Generally it's been an enjoyable one even though I haven't done everything I intended such as joining the Sunderland Ramblers and helping out with computer courses at Age Concern -AC never got back in touch. I have, as this blog shows, been very active on the animal, mainly cat, rescue front. I've done a fair bit writing, initially with my efanzine and then for this blog, plus more reviewing for Amazon UK. But no fiction which I'm a bit disappointed in but it's something I can't force -I'll either do it or I won't.

If I haven't gone out walking, then at least I'm managing a reasonable amount of swimming, averaging, over several visits, nearly a mile and a half a week.

I could, to be brutally honest, be doing a lot more. I spend too much time fruitlessly pottering around on the net when I could be exercising or doing something creative or practical or even reading more books -lord knows I have plenty to read. I tend to have an afternoon sleep most days of anything from a 30 minute nap to an hour or more and then waste the rest of the time.

Now that's out of the way, it's just a normal Saturday. Maybe I should make a resolution to spend the second year of my retirement being more active in at least one or two new areas.

Don't hold your breath.

No comments: