Saturday 1 August 2009

BOOKS: I Got It Today -More Books
























Odd coincidence, two books about my favourite band The Grateful Dead, both ordered from Amazon Marketplace -one dealer in the UK, the other in the States- arrived together a few minutes ago.

More books to add to my reading pile. Memo to self: must stop doing this.

I'm nearly halfway through Chris Mullin's diaries of his years as a junior minister and they are very interesting. Mullin, MP for Sunderland South where I live, I considered to be a very moral man of the utmost integrity but a bit too left wing for me. Ironically over the years he's represented us he gradually drifted somewhat to the centre while I've gone strongly leftwards. He's been a good MP and I'm sorry he's standing down at the next election. Men of his character are few and far between.



















No, I didn't get this one, the picture just came up while doing a search for the Rock Scully book and I couldn't resist it.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: