Friday 21 August 2009

DVD: Bargain of the Month


After picking up Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein and enjoying them a lot, I remembered that High Anxiety, Brooks' Hitchcock pastiche, was also pretty good. So I looked it up on Amazon with the intention of picking it up for less than a fiver and came across this -The Mel Brooks Collection- a whopping 7-disc set which included HA and another of his better movies To Be Or Not To Be, plus YF and four other lesser works of which only one -the appropriately named Life Stinks- I remember as being a stinker. Also included: Twelve Chairs, Silent Movie, History of the World Part 1 (but not, thankfully, the appalling Spaceballs). And all for £13.38 (original rrp £54.00). Could any sane person resist that? Besides, I can even recoup a couple of quid by selling my spare copy of YF on Amazon Marketplace.

Do excuse me, I may be gone for some time.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: