Tuesday 16 June 2009

Recently Acquired: 1.


I've no intention of reviewing everything, specifically books CDs and DVDs, that I buy or borrow but it might be fun to list stuff as it arrives, if only to try and shock myself with how self-indulgent I am.

Yes, that will work, I'm sure. So, clutched today in my sweaty stubby paws are:

DVD: Graduation Day/A Nymphoid Barbarian In Dinosaur Hell (a double film DVD pack). Two movies distributed by Troma but not actually made by them and sadly not with the cover above. And they didn't cost me a penny. I was at our charity shop dropping of four bags of stuff donated by an elderly couple when I spotted this in a box of DVDs so I've borrowed it.

And I do mean borrowed. Do you think I want to keep this rubbish? And that was a rhetorical question.

CD: Eric Clapton: Complete Clapton (2-Cd set). Bought from Amazon Marketplace described as 'very good' (which it is -slight wear to case, discs play fine) for £4.21 including postage. Complete it isn't but I checked the track list before buying -no Yardbirds or John Mayall but I was never a Yardbirds fan anyway and I have the seminal Bluesbreakers CD. -the original vinyl album was the first records I ever bought. Of course I have some other stuff from Clapton (Cream, a live Dominoes CD) on a variety of CDs but this is a good 2hrs 30min 36 track collection which will be added to my Ipod as soon as I've finished this.

No comments: