Sunday 31 January 2010

WARNING! BAD MOVIE ALERT

An article on the Rotten Tomatoes website today focussed on the best 25 worst movies ever. To my shame, I have seen eight of them such as Robot Monster, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Road House (starring Patrick Swayze & Ben Gazzara), The Giant Claw, Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (starring John Barrowman), Batman & Robin, and The Giant Spider Invasion. Now while I can't understand the inclusion of Road House (not great but great fun nevertheless), I have to admit that the rest are so bad that they are entertaining in a perverse way, though I have no intention of ever seeing any of them again.

With one exception.

The one I haven't mentioned thus far.

"Can you guess what it is yet?" Catchphrase copyright Rolf Harris.

Of course you can because I opened this post with a still from it. It's -

-Battlefield Earth, a movie so shat on because it's held as being so bad it's utterly utterly bad. But I disagree. Reminded of it, I decided I had to have a copy and immediately ordered one from Amazon Marketplace for the total cost (including postage) of £3.69.

So, I give you fair warning. This metricious masterpiece of kitsch (a phrase I must use again)  will be reviewed here in the near future.

No comments: