Sunday 3 January 2010

MY FIRST 6 MONTHS OF BLOGGING

Just checked and I've managed a total of 177 posts since I started blogging back in June which I think is a creditable total. Of course some have been really brief but not many. I didn't intend to produce two blogs but the cat rescue side of things began to become too unwieldy to fit in with the popular culture theme so I extracted the entries and transferred them to the new blog. There are also some entries duplicated in each because I know at least one of my readers doesn't read the cat side and another, I think, who doesn't read the pop culture.

My enduring thanks to Lisa who provided vital technical help when I first started. Blame her.

I know I don't have many visitors to this site and it would be nice to have more but, while I like to communicate with other people, I'm doing this, in part, for myself because I just like writing. Ideally I'd like to be writing fiction but inspiration has abandoned me for the moment. Should anyone want to read anything I've written in that line, the links are on the sidebar.

Frankly, though I pay no attention to dates especially as they are purely arbitrary things, I'm glad to see the back of last year for reasons you know all too well. Unfortunately I'm loaded with a lousy cold, running nose, and a chesty cough at the moment. I was still going to deliver cat food to Carol but the snow was so bad up where she lives she actually told me not come until tomorrow. I've also had to postpone Barry and I's first night out since before his operation because of this. I feel so rotten I'm amazed I can write as coherently as I am. I am coherent, aren't I?

My brain is so shot to shit that I can't even summon up the energy to watch last night's 2-hour Casualty that I taped (as in recorded to my Virgin Media black box hard disc but it's easy just to write taped and assume that everyone will assume that anyway). So I'm going to shove season 2 of a relatively recent (i.e. about ten years old) Batman cartoon series into my pc and see if I can get distracted by that.



No comments: