Saturday 27 June 2009

I got it today: 5



DVD: Yongary/ Konga (Midnite Movies double feature).

I'm a big fan of the Midnite Movies double feature series as you get two, usually interesting to good, movies from the 50s to the early 70's at a cheap price.

This time it's two giant monster movies. Now I saw Konga when it first came out as part of a double bill back in the early 60's. Even then I knew it was a cheap ripoff of King Kong but it was fun. Yongary I think I've seen on tv many years ago but can't be sure until I watch it again. If it's the one featuring mommy and daddy and bady giant monsters then I have and it's a Korean ripoff of the British giant monster movie Gorgo.

SOFTWARE: PC Tools Desktop Maestro (free from Amazon Vine).

Another of those 'powerful all in one utility suites' which are so pervasive. I've got Tune-up 2008 which seemed okay but is obviously a little out of date so I thought I'd give this one a go.

I'm also about to install Cyberlink Power DVD 2009 Ultra which is another freebie from Amazon Vine. I've got the 2008 version so when this came up on offer I grabbed it. Since then, other reviewers have described all kinds of hell trying to install it and get it to run. So, deep breath, create a restore point, and get stuck in. Update later.

Post Script

I installed both pieces of software and they both work fine. See my reviews on Amazon UK.

I was mixing Yongary up with another movie. I actually have it already on one of those 12 movies DVD packs. Bugger.

No comments: