Monday 3 October 2011

COMPUTER CRIME: I'VE BEEN HACKED - UPDATE

I've just received an email sent to Susan Hardy (my wife, in case you're a new visitor) which couldn't be delivered and it's actually the email which was sent to everyone on my contacts list. I hadn't actually seen it before. Even Barry, with whom I've been in regular phone and email contact about this over the weekend, had deleted it.

Hi

My regrets for this sudden request, I have been involved in a robbery
during my trip to Madrid, Spain. I got mugged and all my belongings
cash, mobile phone and credit cards were all stolen at gun point.  I
need your help as am trying to raise some money.

I've made contact with my bank but they are not providing a fast
solution. I need you to lend me some money to sort my self out of this
predicament, will pay back once I get this over with.

Please let me know if you can assist me in anyway so i can forward you
details to effect a transfer. You can reach me via email or the
hotel's desk phone (deleted)

I can see how my friend was fooled by this as he didn't know where I was -though a phone call to my home would have told him. There are a couple of minor mistakes (grammatical, typo) but these could be put down to me being in an emotional state. It's not like one of those letters from Nigeria. It's concise and coherent.

Bastards. 

I wish upon them to become victims of the most vile acts they can imagine.

No comments: