Tuesday 27 April 2010

LANZAROTE (AGAIN)

All being well, this Thursday I'm due to fly off to Lanzarote for a week, though I'll believe that's happening when the plane leaves British airspace.

Not much to write about at the moment. For the last few weeks I've been working my way through my complete set of Buffy The Vampire Slayer box sets and have just started the sixth. Expect a full retrospective review in about a month or so. I've nearly finished Stieg Larsson's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and have both sequels packed to read on holiday, along with several other novels -better too many books than too few. There'll be a review in due course.


Waiting to be read is Walt & Skeezix 1927 & 1928 by Frank King. This is a compilation of the legendary newspaper strip Gasoline Alley. It's set in small town America and is set in real time, each strip taking place on one day. It's a fascinating look at America as it was and I can't recommend it highly enough. I've reviewed the second volume on Amazon.
Barring anything grabbing my attention in the next couple of days and Icelandic volcanoes willing, I'll be back in about 10 days when I won't have voted in a General Election for the first time ever.

No comments: