Saturday 4 July 2009

ATTACKED BY A BEAST



Yes, I was attacked by a savage beast today, by a truly wild animal. It sank its teeth into my flesh, raking open the tissues causing blood to flow. The pain was overwhelming but I refused to let the creature win. I would master it!





Oh, alright, it was a mouse.

I'd popped out into the garden and saw Max, one of our black and white cats, bounce something with a paw. It could only be a mouse so I went to get it. Surprisingly, it wasn't dead so I gently cupped it in my hands. The mouse, however, wasn't going quietly. It squirmed free, getting out onto the back of my hand and sank its tiny teeth in. It actually did pierce the skin causing it to bleed.

I popped the mouse into a plastic bucket and put it on a table while I went to wash the tiny wound which now resembles the bite of a vampire from Liliput. When the cats had all wandered off, I released the mouse into some shrubbery next to the fence.

And that is it.

No comments: