Sunday 18 October 2009

MUSIC: THE GRATEFUL DEAD: TO TERRAPIN




I know, I said I'd stop buying live Grateful Dead albums. Hell, I've even winnowed out my collection and sold a couple on Amazon Marketplace. But I just couldn't resist this one.

Not cheap, but not expensive either. 3 discs with a running time of around 2hrs50mins. The period is the run-up to the release of the studio album Terrapin Station (a good one), hence the title of this album as the Dead tried out a number of new songs with audiences. This set (from the Hartford Civic Centre 28th May 1977) came at the end of the tour when they should have been knackered but delivered a spot-on performance. I've only actually listened to half of it so far and it is pretty good.

But after this, no more new Grateful Dead albums. Honest. Really. I mean it this time. I mean, it's not like I'm a real Deadhead. So, this is the last one. I mean how many versions of Good Lovin' and Wharf Rat do I need...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: