Thursday 22 October 2009

COMPUTING; WINDOWS 7 HAS ARRIVED






Windows 7 arrived yesterday and it took me until mid-morning today to get it installed and working. Pain the arse? Yes. Big headache? Yes.
Having Vista, I first attempted an upgrade installation but when that didn't work, I foolishly went for the full install. I say foolishly because the same problems occurred. Specifically constant crashes, aborts and reboots. This went on for hours until it finally did a reset and went back to Vista.

I settled for that and tried again this morning. This time it seemed to go better and get farther before it crashed yet again. Yet I bravely -hell, what choice did I have?- persevered and eventually did get it up and running. I even managed to install -and very easily I should add, Norton Internet Security Suite 2010. Then I tried to install Perfect Image 12 Backup Suite in order to reinstall the copy of the hard disc I'd saved onto an external hard drive and got the same fucking problems installing it as I had the first time -see my review on Amazon, if I don't reprint it here; ditto for Norton.

I've decided to pass on it for today and settle for what I've got which is at least a pc that works. This particularly is by no means ended.

No comments: