Monday 14 December 2009

TV: GEEK SPECIAL

While I was watching Small Island, my Virgin black box was recording the latest episode of Fringe (and a not as good as I was hoping slasher). I'm not a huge Fringe-fan (little joke for fannish SF fans there) but it has enough going for it to keep me watching. In last night's episode was a little in-joke for horror movie buffs. On a list of names were Stuart Gordon and Deborah Crampton. Gordon directed the Lovecraft-inspired cult movie Reanimator and Barbara Crampton was one of the leads. The next scene takes place at Dunwich hospital. Dunwich is part of Lovecraft's mythos, like Miskatonic the setting for Reanimator.

Okay, so I'm easily amused.

More fun later this week when the third season of The Big Bang Theory starts on C4 (or E4, can't remember which). I've reviewed the previous two seasons on DVD elsewhere in this blog which should tell you how much I'm looking forward to this. If it doesn't, then let me say that The Big Bang Theory is possibly my favourite comedy series ever.

Our heroes were last seen manning an Arctic research station for the summer. The opening episode apparently features Sheldon's wonderful mother as played by Laurie Metcalfe who should be in it more often. I'm sure this won't be the last you'll be hearing from about this series. It's like the programme arrangers have given me a Christmas present.

And then there's Dr.Who for Christmas and Skins:4  starting early in the New Year. Is this the best decade for tv ever? Hmm, now there's an idea for an article.

No comments: